Tuesday 29 September 2015

Capture Your Grief - 2015

I am so excited to take part in the Capture Your Grief project this October. In some ways it is sad that I'm at a point in my life where I am grieving for my baby but I'm glad that I have the opportunity to focus the grief into something like this project. I know a lot of fellow grieving mums (and dads!) read this blog so I want to make everyone aware of this amazing event and encourage you all to take part!

What Is It?:
It's so simple, anyone can do it. You can choose to share it on social media or keep it in a private diary/scrapbook. Its a series of topics, one for everyday of the month of October and for each topic, you take a photo of what it means to you or what it represents to you. It's totally personal and subjective to you so you're totally in control. It has been created for us to explore our grief in order to help us on our journey of healing.

How Can I Take Part?:
Just have a camera! You don't need to be a photographer or have an amazing camera, it's not about getting professional photos, it's about capturing something that truly resonates with your grief and healing process. It only takes a few seconds to take a picture and upload it or to print it out and pop it in a diary.

Where Can I Get More Info?:
Right here! Or on the Facebook event here! Simple.

How Can I Follow Your Project?:
I'll be posting my pictures on Instagram (follow below) with the hashtag #CaptureYourGrief and #WhatHealsYou. I'll also be creating a photo diary/scrapbook which I will be doing a post on when the project is over!
Instagram

Let me know how/where you'll be sharing your pictures in the comments!


6 comments:

  1. Cool. Thanks for sharing!!! Going to try on Instagram.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool. Thanks for sharing!!! Going to try on Instagram.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you will defo be doing this x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing :) never heard of this before. I am looking forward to capturing just a month of my journey. I have not shared anything through social media after my son passed away but I now feel brave enough and this is a great way! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing :) never heard of this before. I am looking forward to capturing just a month of my journey. I have not shared anything through social media after my son passed away but I now feel brave enough and this is a great way! Xx

    ReplyDelete