Friday 23 October 2015

Love Letter (Capture Your Grief Project - Day 23)



Dear Freddie,

You are my only true love and you are my proudest creation. I know a mother is always biased but you were the most perfect baby I have ever had the privilege to lay eyes upon. 
I love the way your skin was so soft and smelt of that beautiful newborn smell. I love your hair, how the midwife said "it's strawberry blonde!" but really it's a light brown. A perfect blend of mine and Mattie's. I love the way it's tufty on the top but thicker and curly at the back. I love your face. I could write that sentence 1000 times over. Your little button nose, your furry little eyebrows and your chubby cheeks I would have never stopped kissing. Your mouth is my favourite thing about you, it is so perfect and pouty, again it was a gift from your Daddy. I love how grumpy you looked, it always made me laugh. I love your beautiful hands and how perfectly they fit into mine. I love your funny little, well actually not so little, feet and your squashed little toe, I love that it made you special.
I wish I could talk about your eyes, I bet they would be big like mine but blue like Mattie's.
I wish I could have heard your voice, that scream I waited 9 months for but it never came.
I love you so very much Freddie Richard Jenkins. I will never love another more than you and I will never stop loving you.

No comments:

Post a Comment